Pregnant and living in the Rhein-Main area? You may experience some difficulties with the German language.
I am Evelien, a midwife with previous working experience in the UK, The Netherlands and Belgium. I would love to tell you all about the ins- and outs
regarding pregnancy and beyond!
The pregnancy course is intended for all the couples and (single) women in the area (e.g. Wiesbaden, Mainz, Frankfurt), who are expecting a baby and wish to have their prenatal classes in English.
The course will be held on Monday night from 18:30-21:00 and last for 6 weeks. The course will prepare you for the birth and parenthood, what can you expect? And how do you deal with this big life
The course will focus on the following topics:
- The last weeks of the pregnancy and how do we prepare for the birth?
- The birth: what can I really expect? From homebirth till Caesarean section.
- Tips and tricks on how do we get through the birth, in a way you feel comfortable with.
- Postnatal period: How do we care for our baby and adjust to the new family situation?
- Healthcare in Germany, what to keep in mind? Includes important German words to remember!
We will practice mindfulness or relaxation exercises every week, to prepare you both for the labour and birth. But it will also help you in every
(difficult) moment you can experience becoming a parent.
The fifth evening will be for women only, for subjects that the women would like to share in a smaller group.
Also: Your input! Things you want to learn. Think about topics you would really like to learn/discuss, during the first session you can write it down, I will make sure your questions will be
discussed during the course.
Much looking forward to meeting you all and getting you through this wonderful period in life!
Terms and Conditions
- For courses organized by the ´Hebammerei´ Wiesbaden, the agreement is made between the course participants and the ´Hebammerei´. For courses organized by third parties, the agreement is made
between the third party and the course participants. The organizer of a particular course can be found under www.hebammewiesbaden.de.
- The offers found on www.hebammewiesbaden.de are non-binding and reasonable program adjustments, that do not affect the quality of the offer, remain possible and do not alter customers’ legal
- The booking for the course is binding. If you have booked a course but, regardless of the reason, cannot participate, half of the course fees need to be paid with cancellations received in the
period from 21-28 days before the course begins. For cancellations received within the 21 days preceding the start of the course, full course fees are due.
- Please note the following rules specifically for birth preparation courses: Booking for the course is binding. If you have booked a course but, regardless of the reason cannot participate,
half of the course fees need to be paid with cancellations received in the period from 21-28 days before the course begins (this also concerns the partner share of 180 €). For cancellations received
within the 21 days preceding the start of the course, full course fees are due (this also concerns the partner share of 180 €). In the event we obtain insufficient number of participants we reserve
the right to cancel the course until 21 days prior to the beginning of the course.
- For reimbursements of already paid course fees, we charge a 10 € administration fee.
III. Liability of the ´Hebammerei´ is excluded within the scope of the law and exists only in cases in which a contract has been established under point 1 of these Terms and Conditions with the
midwife itself. The ´Hebammerei´ is liable only for damages due to violation of contract agreements and for damages caused to the participants that threaten life, health or caused bodily injuries as
well as for damages resulting from an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by me, my legal representatives or representative agents. Contractual obligations relies on the proper execution
of the contract in the first place and on the compliance of the contracting party.
The midwife is not liable for any contractual claims arising out of or in connection with courses that are organized by third parties. Such claims should be directed to the course organizer. In
particular, no liability can be assumed for the content of courses organized by third parties. This disclaimer applies even if the courses take place in the rooms of the midwife.
IV. Cancellations of courses and/or parts of courses:
- A course may require a minimum number of participants; the number may vary according to the type of course. I reserve the right to cancel courses until 21 days before the start when, by then, the
minimum number of participants has not been reached. In case of cancellations of a complete course (not one course unit), the duly paid course fee will be refunded.
- In the event of partial cancellations or changes to the course caused by events that were unavoidable (e.g. Illness, impossibility of carrying out the course unit
at the planned venue) and for cancelations beyond my control or force majeure, I will not be held accountable for the execution of the course unit. The participants will be informed of course
cancellations, course changes and longer interruptions informed the earliest possible. Claims beyond that do not exist.